When Engy Albasel Neville messaged me about the Liebster award, I was shocked and honored. She had some very sweet things to say to me about my blog, and it felt a little surreal! I accepted the nomination happily.
If you don’t know about Engy, know this: she’s a sweetheart! Also, she’s an author and you can find her books here: http://www.amazon.com/Engy-Albasel-Neville/e/B00P64IB2O. I’ve come to know her through a group of Chick Lit writers. No one in that group is short of amazing.
The Liebster award is an award given to new bloggers and is given among the blogger community to get to know each other and highlight a newbie. I’m still growing my blog followers, and hope to meet some new people from this. (You can follow me through Bloglovin’ – sign up on the right!).
Engy has asked me a few questions!
- What was your first blog about?
I don’t remember my first blog … I think it may have been the joint combination between me and a friend called “A Hodgepodge of Sagging Bottoms.” She came up with the name, and it focused on our fitness and health challenges. We had a lot of fun with it!
- How do you pick the topics for your blog?
Lots of different ways. Some days, an idea just hits me. When I wrote my Road Rage piece, it was after I experienced it. My blog post about Princess Peach came about from the chick lit group I frequent on Facebook. Recently I have started doing Top Ten lists on Tuesdays, which I find online or through other blog hops.
- Have you ever shared a blog that you later regretted? And if so, what was it & why did you regret it?
No. I sit on a draft for at least a few days before I hit publish.
- If you could time travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what time frame?
This may sound very odd, but I would travel back to the 90s, but definitely at my current age. I love the 80s and 90s TV shows and music, and would love to relive it at the age I am now. As long as I don’t have to relieve high school, I know I should pick somewhere fantastic and in the way past, but, nothing jumps out at me.
- Describe the ideal man for your main character?
It depends on the character!
- Who’s your favorite heroine?
In my books or ones I’ve read? My favorite in one of my books / stories is a toss up between Francie in Early Bird Special and Ally in Caching In. Both are pretty spunky. In regards to books I’ve read, I love Sanaa from S.J. Pajonas’ Nogiku Series and I really enjoyed Willa in Twin Piques by Tracie Banister.
- What’s the most memorable meal you’ve ever cooked?
Anything I haven’t burned, or ended up crying while cooking.
- What’s your latest book about?
Caching In is the book currently out (and on sale April 7, 8, and 9th!) and it is Ally and Seth’s story of geocaching and finding love.
- If you could play any character on TV from any decade, who would you be?
I can’t act … so … but I always wanted to be Jem. I know, she’s a cartoon.
- Beach or Mountains?
- If you weren’t an author, what would you be?
A person desperately trying to find a way to get these characters out of my head! So, probably crazy!
That was fun! Now, it’s my time to nominate people!
- Acknowledge and link back your nominator.
- Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Here’s the challenging part: Think of 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them.
Here’s my nominee list:
And my questions to you are:
1. What is the first book you remember falling in love with?
2. Do you add any part of yourself to your characters? And when you read books, do you search for yourself?
3. What is the best compliment you’ve received in your career?
4. What is the most critical thing someone has said to you, but, in the end, it ended up helping you?
5. What book have you read and loved that would surprise people?
6. What is your favorite blog to visit on a daily basis (if you can)?
7. Marvel or DC? And who is your favorite superhero and / or villain?
8. What project are you currently working on?
9. What three words best describe you?
10. What book do you think everyone should read?
11. What is your favorite game (video game, board game, app?)