Earlier this year I created my list of books I plan to read next. I have finished a few of those books and am reading some others in between. I can’t read in the order I blogged about because if the mood doesn’t fit me, I can’t read it.
This week, brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish, I bring you the Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases (for me!) For the Rest of 2015. These are in no particular order (well, except the first two!)
1. Jay Walking by Tracy Krimmer (8/4/15)- This chick lit / romantic comedy book is the second in my Pastime Pursuits series, which can be read as a standalone. A single mom, a doctor, and a fitness plan. Preorder here and save $1!
2. Chick Lit Short Story Anthology by multiple authors (Summer 2015) – I don’t think we have an official title yet, so I’m not posting it here. Check back though for news on the release of this anthology for the summer. My short story, Mixtapes and Rollerskates, will be in here.
3. Summer Haikus by S.J Pajonas (8/6/15)- SJ is my critique partner and I’ve beta read this book. Romance, friendship, and the Olympics!
4. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee (7/14/15)- This is Harper Lee. I don’t think I need another reason.
5. The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz (9/1/15) – This is book 4 of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. I enjoyed the first three books, though I’m hesitant to read it written by someone else. Stieg himself asked the author to write this, from what I understand, so I hope it’s great.
6. Sins of the Innocent by Jamie McGuire (6/28/15) – I am interested in seeing her make the genre switch and audience transition as well.
7. Let’s Be Real by Brea Brown (June 2015) – If you haven’t read Brea, you’re missing out. She’s hilarious. This is a sequel to Let’s Be Frank. I highly suggest you add Nurse Nate to your TBR list 🙂
8. Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner (8/11/15) – For a lot of romantic comedy writers, Jennifer Weiner is a Queen. Have you read some of her posts about women and writing? Love her. Can’t wait.
9. Lucky for You by Jayne Denker (8/18/15) – Jayne is one of my most favorite people ever and her Marsden series is great. I highly recommend her, and this book in the series, which includes house arrest.
10. Killing Me Softly by Kathryn R. Biel (7/14/15) – This is another book I beta read, and I’ll pretty much read anything Kathryn puts out. This is funny, a little dark, and well written. Check it out, and anything by Kathryn.
There you have it! Tell me, what books are YOU looking forward to this year?